Pounds per Square Inch
Often abbreviated as psi. This is a British imperial unit of pressure. 1.0 psi = 6894.757 Pa
- There are a number of other abbreviations appended to psi:
- psia = pounds-force per square inch absolute = gauge pressure plus local atmospheric pressure.
- psid = psi difference = difference between two pressures.
- psig = psi gauge = difference between the measuring point and the local pressure.
- psivg = psi vented gauge = difference between the measuring point and the local pressure.
- psisg = psi sealed gauge = difference between a chamber of air sealed at atmospheric pressure and the pressure at the measuring point.
See also: Pressure.