- Ziegler Karl
- Nobel prize winning chemist who did a vast quantity of work on the catalysts for producing high density polyethene and polypropene.
- Used as a galvanic coating on steel to prevent corrosion and is used as a constituent of various alloy systems.
- Zinc Air Battery
- Uses a zinc anode, a porous carbon cathode which absorbs oxygen from the air and a base electrolyte.
- Zinc Blende
- An old name for Zinc Sulphide.
- Zinc Bromide Battery
- Two oppositely charged liquids are passed through an ion-exchange membrane to produce electricity.
- Zinc Chloride
A white crystalline compound.
- Zinc Chloride Battery
- A chemistry used in some heavy-duty batteries.
- Zinc Chromate
- Bright yellow pigment which chemically is substantially zinc chromate, although its precise composition is rather complex. Its chief use is in anti-corrosive paints and primers for steel.
- Zinc Nitrate
Used as a mordant in dyeing and also a source of zinc ions for chemistry.
- Zinc Oxide
Used as a constituent of creams for its soothing qualities.
- Zinc Phosphate
Used as a corrosion resistant coating on metal surfaces either as part of an electroplating process or applied as a primer pigment.
- Zinc Plating
- The application of a zinc coating by galvanizing or electrogalvanizing.
- Zinc Spraying
- A process for applying zinc coatings to iron and steel.
- Zinc Sulphate
- Zinc Sulphide
The commenest zinc ore, known as Sphalerite or Zinc Blende.
- Zinc Vapour Deposition
- A process in which zinc vapour is deposited in a vacuum.
- Zinc-Carbon Cell
- Alternative name for a Leclanche Cell.
- Process of etching unprotected parts of a zinc plate with strong acids to produce a printing surface.
Monocyclic sesquiterpene that is the predominant constituent of the oil of ginger.
- The point at which a line crosses the z-axis.
- A popular standard for file compression developed by the PKWare corporation.
- Zip Drive
- A special drive for removable data cartridges.
- Zip Fuel
- A boron-base high-energy liquid propellant.
- The metal is extremely corrosion resistant due to the formation of a stable oxide film.
- Zirconium Oxide
- Used in enamels and ceramic coatings.