- Lutetium is the hardest, densest and one of the rarest of the lanthanide group of elements.
- Chemical formula for Lutetium III Oxide.
- Any material interposed between two surfaces that reduces the friction or wear, or both, between them.
- Lubricating Grease
- A semi-fluid to solid product of a dispersion of a thickener in a liquid lubricant.
- Lubricating Oil
- A liquid lubricant, usually comprising several ingredients, including a major portion of base oil and minor portions of various additives.
- Lubricating Pump
- A pump which handles lubricating oil in an engine.
- Substance employed to reduce wear of one or both surfaces in close proximity and moving relative to each another.
- A device which adds controlled or metered amounts of lubricant into a pneumatic system.
- Lucas Number
- A member of the sequence 2, 1, 3, 4, 7,... where each number is the sum of the previous two numbers.
- Tradename for Polymethyl Methacrylate Resin.
- Chemical formula for Lutetium III Chloride.
- Luder Bands
- Elongated surface markings or depressions in sheet metal caused by discontinuous yielding.
- A characteristic of an internal combustion engine that is operating at a point combined point of relatively low-speed and high-power output.
- The derived SI unit of luminous flux.
- lumen hour
- A unit of quantity of light, equal to one lumen of light flux continued for one hour.
- Lump Hammer
- Also known as a Club Hammer.
- Lunar Caustic
- The old fashioned name for silver nitrate
- Lunar Crystals
- Old name for Silver Nitrate.
- Lunar Day
- Another name for the tidal day, a unit of time equal to 24 hours 50 minutes used in tidal predictions.
- Lunar Eclipse
- When the Moon enters the Earth′s shadow as the Earth moves between the Sun and the Moon.
- Lunar Gravity
- The force imparted by the moon to a mass which is at rest relative to the moon. It is approximately 1/6 of the earth′s gravity.
- Lunar Month
- 1 lunar month = 2.551444x106s
- The portion of a sphere between two great semicircles having common endpoints, including the semicircles.
- Chemical formula for Lutetium Tantalate.
- The hardest, densest and one of the rarest of the lanthanide group of elements.
- Lutetium Aluminium Garnet
A ceramic material that has been proposed for use as a high refractive index lens material.
- Lutetium III Chloride
Forms hygroscopic white monoclinic crystals that heated with calcium forms pure lutetium metal.
- Lutetium III Oxide
An important raw material for laser crystals and has specialized uses in ceramics, glass and phosphors.
- Lutetium Tantalate
The densest known white stable material.
- Lutetium Trichloride
- Alternative name for Lutetium III Chloride.
- An abbreviation of lumen m-2, the metric unit of illuminance.
- A particle which travels solely at the speed of light in vacuum.