- Iridium is a rare, precious metallic element which is hard, brittle and has a low ductility.
- Abbreviation of Infrared Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.
- Chemical formula for Iridium IV Fluoride.
- Chemical formula for Iridium V Fluoride.
- Chemical formula for Iridium VI Fluoride.
- A rare, precious metallic element which is hard, brittle and has a low ductility.
- Iridium Hexafluoride
- Alternative name for Iridium VI Fluoride.
- Iridium IV Fluoride
Dark brown solid.
- Iridium IV Oxide
The only well characterised oxide of iridium.
- Iridium Pentafluoride
- Alternative name for Iridium V Fluoride.
- Iridium Tetrafluoride
- Alternative name for Iridium IV Fluoride.
- Iridium V Fluoride
A highly reactive yellow low melting solid.
- Iridium VI Fluoride
A volatile and highly reactive yellow solid, with an octahedral molecular structure.
- Iridosmine (osmiridium) is a naturally occurring alloy of osmium and iridium.
- The pigmented fibrovascular tissue known as a stroma. It is the most forward portion of the eye and the only one seen on superficial inspection.
- Chemical formula for Iridium IV Oxide.
- One of the most abundant metallic elements (41000 ppm) and probably one of the most important, being used on the largest scale of any metal.
- Iron Air Battery
- Uses electrodes made of iron and carbon.
- Iron Foundry
- A place where iron castings are made.
- Iron Hydroxide
Found as the minerals Siderogel and Feroxyhyte. It also has a variant known as Lepidocrocite.
- Iron II Chloride
Pale yellow to white crystalline solid.
- Iron II Hydroxide
- Iron II Oxide
Black colour powder. The powder in particular can cause explosions as it readily ignites.
- Iron II Sulphate
Also known as the mineral Melanterite or Copperas. Green Vitriol is hydrated Iron II Sulphate.
- Iron II Sulphide
A brassy yellow colour. Also known as pyrite, iron pyrites and fools gold.
- Iron III Chloride
Brown black or green crystalline solid.
- Iron III Oxide
Known in its natural state as Haematite, but also purified for use as a coating in magnetic audio and computer media, where it is known as Ferric oxide.
- Iron Pyrites
- Old name for Iron II Sulphide.
- Iron Sulphide
White crystalline solid.
- Thinning the walls of deep drawn articles by reducing the clearance between punch and die.
- The direct, diffuse, and reflected solar radiation that strikes a surface. Usually expressed in kilowatts per square meter. Irradiance multiplied by time equals insolation.
- Irradiation Illusion
- An illusion of visual perception in which a light area of the visual field looks larger than an otherwise identical dark area.
- Irrational Number
- Any number that cannot be expressed as the ratio of two integers.
- Irregular Fractals
- Complex fractals whose dimension is often difficult to determine and in some cases is unknown.
- Irreversible Electrode
- An electrode with an irreversible electrode reaction.
- Irreversible Process
- Any real process; when a system undergoes the changes State 1 -> State 2 -> State 1 by any real pathway, the universe is different that before the cyclic process took place in the system.