McLeod Gauge

A known volume of gas, at the pressure to be measured, is compressed by the movement of a liquid column to a much smaller known volume, at which the resulting higher pressure is measured.

See also: Ionization Gauge, Knudsen Gauge, Manometer, Thermal Conductivity Gauge, Vacuum Gauge.

Previous PageView links to and from this pageNext Page

Subjects: Instrumentation