A U-shaped glass tube, partly filled with a liquid, water or mercury, employed to measure pressure.

p1 ≡ p2p1 < p2p1 > p2

See also: Ionization Gauge, Knudsen Gauge, McLeod Gauge, Mercury Hg, Pressure, Thermal Conductivity Gauge, Vacuum Gauge.

Previous PageView links to and from this pageNext Page

Subjects: Mechanical Engineering Physics