An impairment of auditory acuity.
The amount of hearing impairment, in decibels, measured as a set of hearing threshold levels at specified frequencies.
Types of hearing loss are:
- Conductive: A loss originating in the conductive mechanism of the ear.
- Sensor-neural: A loss originating in the cochlea or the fibres of the auditory nerve.
- Noise induced: A sensor-neural loss attributed to the effects of noise.
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration Congress created the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to assure safe and healthful working conditions for working men and women by setting and enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach, education and assistance.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Providing National and World Leadership to Prevent Workplace Illnesses and Injuries.