Faraday, Michael (1791-1867)
English chemist and physicist who contributed to the fields of electromagnetism and electrochemistry.
- 1821 plotted the magnetic field around a conductor
- 1821 first electric motor
- 1823 Liquifies Chlorine.
- 1825 Isolated Benzene from oil gas.
- 1831 a moving magnet induces an electric current
- 1831 magnetic lines of force
- 1831 the electric dynamo
- 1831 the electric transformer
- 1833 laws of electrolysis
- 1845 magneto-optical effect and diamagnetism
Subjects: Famous Scientists & Engineers