- Numbers that specify the position of a point or the position or orientation of a geometric object.
- Cartesian Coordinates
- Coordinates where the position of a point is described by the distance it is from 2 lines in 2 dimensional space or from 3 planes in 3 dimensional space.
- Polar Coordinates
- The position of a point is defined as the distance from the origin and an angle relative to the x axis.
- Rectangular Coordinates
- Also known as Cartesian Coordinates.
- Spherical Coordinates
- A point is located in space by the distance from the origin and two angles.