Classical Mechanics Calculations
- The change in velocity divided by the time it takes to make the change.
- Angular Frequency
- The frequency of a steady recurring phenomenum in radians per second.
- Angular Momentum
- A vector quantity giving the rotational momentum.
- Angular Velocity
- The rate of change of angle turned in radians.
- Escape Velocity
- This is the initial velocity that an object would have to have if projected from the surface of a body (e.g. Earth) to reach infinity before coming to rest.
- Kinetic Energy
- The energy that a body possesses solely because it is moving.
- Linear Momentum
- A vector quantity equal to the product of an object's mass and its velocity.
- The torque or turning moment acting on a body is defined as the product of the magnitude of the force and the perpendicular distance of the line of action of the force from the axis about which the body is being rotated.
Subjects: Classical Mechanics