An instrument for taking photographs consisting of a lightproof box, shutter, adjustable aperture and a lens through which an image is focussed on a light sensitive film or sensor.
- Kodak No. 2 Brownie box camera introduced around 1910.
- Kodak Brownie 127 introduced in 1952. The body was made from Bakelite.
- Olympus Trip 35 First introduced in 1968 this little compact was a huge success due to the very good quality lens and ease of use. 35mm film format.
- Yashica Mat 124G this particular Twin Lens Reflex (TLR) was first introduced in 1970. The film format was 2¼" square. This medium format film was the choice of portrait, fashion and landscape photographers as the cameras were still portable and gave fanatastic results.
- Minolta AFZ compact 35mm autofocus.
- Canon EOS IX SLR APS camera introduced in 1996.
- Olympus C-2020 Zoom a 2.1 megapixel digital camera introduced in 1999.