Alkali Fuel Cell
A type of fuel cell that produces heat and electricity.
- Operate on compressed hydrogen and oxygen and generally use a solution of potassium hydroxide in water as their electrolyte.
- Operating temperatures inside alkali cells are around 70 to 100°C.
- Peak efficiency around 60%.
- Alkali fuel cells tend to have a low component count
- Have been used in space and submarine applications.
See also: Fuel Cell.
- AFC Energy plc The world′s leading developer of low-cost alkaline fuel cell technology. Focused on large-scale, industrial application AFC Energy′s technology is fully-scalable to provide clean electricity on-demand.